Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day Ridin'

Took a quick ride on this Labor Day holiday in rural King and Queen County and as I was cresting a little rise on a rough gravel road a car came from the other direction with quite a dust cloud following...I thought "oh boy here comes a dusting"...however the driver quickly slowed down, pulled to the side, inching along and yelled "Howdy"! It was a large black lady with a big smile on her face...I yelled back "How's it going?!" and then picked up speed dropping down the long rutted descent.

The next two motorists I passed on this little traveled road were both driving pick up trucks with the classic angry white man behind the wheel who "ain't gonna cut no bicycle no slack" attitude...and here came my double shot of dust...what is the attitude problem so many of these white males have...?

What a contrast with the cheerful lady I had passed a mile or so back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home